Friday, January 22, 2016

A Year in Photos

The Ulster County fair was awesome this year, even though the lines were freakishly long. This is the view from the top of the Ferris wheel, although I seemed to have captured more of the Ferris wheel than the actual view. 

This is from the Bangkok Cafe in town, and I thought it would have been a crime not to showcase this creation of fried rice in a PINEAPPLE.

If these were sold in school vending machines, there would be peace on Earth. And now I'm hungry.

I painted this last year in Advanced Drawing and Painting class. The assignment is called "A Day in the Mind of Me" because I spent an entire day with my sketchbook in hand, where I drew anything and everything. This was the final piece that was inspired by that day. This painting is one of my favorites that I've done.

 My church choir takes a trip to the Jersey shore every summer where we sing to the residents of a retirement home, but mainly go to the beach. Let's take a moment to just look at that crashing wave, that pink sky. Maybe if we stare hard enough, we'll find ourselves magically at the beach instead of this frigid winter.
I went on a trail crew this summer in the Berkshire Mountains, where our crew "cut" an entire hiking trail (I still have blister scars from all that digging.) This was an incredibly rewarding experience, to see an untouched patch of land transform into a beautiful path for hikers to enjoy. Not to sound sappy, but I really learned what the power of teamwork can do on my trail crew.

Prom was a windy affair, but still fun. Our party bus was the highlight, hands down. 
Friends is one of my favorite shows, I spent a lot of time watching it this year, procrastinating doing more important things. So naturally, this had to be included. I also just really love Joey's expression in this shot.
This doesn't really fit the theme of "A Year in Photos" but I'm breaking the rules here. And for good reason, this baby photo of me shocked and confused at the sight of a hay bail gets me every time.
Photo of me and Rachel hiking at Spring Farm, as per usual. Our heads are blocking the sunset, but it was pretty great. Don't you just love Mother Nature? The camera quality doesn't do it justice, but trust me here, it was beautiful. 

I took this photo the day I got my license, feeling super relieved I passed. (Don't worry, the car was in park.) 
This was taken last year when the New Paltz Nordic Girls Team won Sections, where me and 3 other New Paltz girls made it to States. This day was pretty awesome, to say the least.










No comments:

Post a Comment