Friday, January 22, 2016

Self Reflection

       Taking AP Lang this year is, honestly, one of the best decision a high school senior could make. The course has the perfect balance of freedom, like this project, and structure, like in-class essays. This type of flexible coursework  helps me learn and grow best, as watching PowerPoint slide after another in my other classes doesn't (and shouldn't) motivate me to improve. Watching TED Talks that raise my awareness on global issues and reading King Lear are two very different things, however, this blend is what makes AP Lang unique and even more interesting.
       As far as writing goes, taking this class has made me intrinsically motivated to become a better writer because I am writing about things that truly interest me. Take the futurist project, for example, where I loved writing every sentence, which in turn, probably helped my writing skills. Also, how cool is it that I was able to research and write about synthetic biology in English class?  Needless to say, I can see a dramatic change in my writing from the beginning of September to January, which I am so grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment